- 1. Pierce, Franklin Pierce, President Pierce
- usage: 14th President of the United States (1804-1869)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pierce, penetrate, perforate
- usage: cut or make a way through; "the knife cut through the flesh"; "The path pierced the jungle"; "Light pierced through the forest"
- 2. pierce, affect, impress, move, strike
- usage: move or affect (a person's emotions or bodily feelings) deeply or sharply; "The cold pierced her bones"; "Her words pierced the students"
- 3. pierce, sound
- usage: sound sharply or shrilly; "The scream pierced the night"
- 4. pierce, thrust, penetrate, perforate
- usage: penetrate or cut through with a sharp instrument
- 5. pierce, penetrate, perforate
- usage: make a hole into; "The needle pierced her flesh"
All rights reserved.
See also: pierce (Dictionary)