- 1. piano, pianoforte, forte-piano, keyboard instrument, stringed instrument, percussion instrument, percussive instrument
- usage: a keyboard instrument that is played by depressing keys that cause hammers to strike tuned strings and produce sounds
- 2. piano, pianissimo, softness
- usage: (music) low loudness
- 1. piano (vs. forte), soft, pianissimo, pianissimo assai
- usage: used chiefly as a direction or description in music; "the piano passages in the composition"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. piano, softly
- usage: used as a direction in music; to be played relatively softly
All rights reserved.
See also: piano (Dictionary)