WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pi, transcendental number
- usage: the ratio of the circumference to the diameter of a circle; approximately equal to 3.14159265358979323846...
- 2. private detective, PI, private eye, private investigator, operative, shamus, sherlock, detective
- usage: someone who can be employed as a detective to collect information
- 3. principal investigator, PI, scientist
- usage: the scientist in charge of an experiment or research project
- 4. pi, letter, letter of the alphabet, alphabetic character
- usage: the 16th letter of the Greek alphabet
- 5. protease inhibitor, PI, antiviral, antiviral agent, antiviral drug
- usage: an antiviral drug used against HIV; interrupts HIV replication by binding and blocking HIV protease; often used in combination with other drugs
All rights reserved.
See also: pi (Dictionary)