- 1. phrasing, grouping
- usage: the grouping of musical phrases in a melodic line
- 2. wording, diction, phrasing, phraseology, choice of words, verbiage, formulation, expression
- usage: the manner in which something is expressed in words; "use concise military verbiage"- G.S.Patton
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. give voice, formulate, word, phrase, articulate, express, show, evince
- usage: put into words or an expression; "He formulated his concerns to the board of trustees"
- 2. phrase, arrange, set up, put, order
- usage: divide, combine, or mark into phrases; "phrase a musical passage"
All rights reserved.
See also: phrasing (Dictionary)