- 1. symphony orchestra, symphony, philharmonic, orchestra
- usage: a large orchestra; can perform symphonies; "we heard the Vienna symphony"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. philharmonic
- usage: composing or characteristic of an orchestral group; "philharmonic players"
- 2. philharmonic, musical (vs. unmusical)
- usage: devoted to or appreciative of music; "the most philharmonic ear is at times deeply affected by a simple air"
All rights reserved.
See also: philharmonic (Dictionary)