- 1. pet, animal, animate being, beast, brute, creature, fauna
- usage: a domesticated animal kept for companionship or amusement
- 2. darling, favorite, favourite, pet, dearie, deary, ducky, lover
- usage: a special loved one
- 3. pet, irritability, crossness, fretfulness, fussiness, peevishness, petulance, choler
- usage: a fit of petulance or sulkiness (especially at what is felt to be a slight)
- 4. positron emission tomography, PET, imaging, tomography
- usage: using a computerized radiographic technique to examine the metabolic activity in various tissues (especially in the brain)
- 1. pet, caress, fondle
- usage: stroke or caress gently; "pet the lamb"
- 2. pet, caress, fondle
- usage: stroke or caress in an erotic manner, as during lovemaking
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. favored, favorite(prenominal), favourite(prenominal), best-loved, pet, preferred, preferent, loved (vs. unloved)
- usage: preferred above all others and treated with partiality; "the favored child"
All rights reserved.
See also: pet (Dictionary)