- 1. stamp, pestle, machine
- usage: machine consisting of a heavy bar that moves vertically for pounding or crushing ores
- 2. pestle, muller, pounder, tool
- usage: a heavy tool of stone or iron (usually with a flat base and a handle) that is used to grind and mix material (as grain or drugs or pigments) against a slab of stone
- 3. pestle, hand tool
- usage: a club-shaped hand tool for grinding and mixing substances in a mortar
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pestle, grind, mash, crunch, bray, comminute
- usage: grind, mash or pulverize in a mortar; "pestle the garlic"
All rights reserved.
See also: pestle (Dictionary)