- 1. pervert, deviant, deviate, degenerate, reprobate, miscreant
- usage: a person whose behavior deviates from what is acceptable especially in sexual behavior
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. corrupt, pervert, subvert, demoralize, demoralise, debauch, debase, profane, vitiate, deprave, misdirect, change, alter, modify
- usage: corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality; "debauch the young people with wine and women"; "Socrates was accused of corrupting young men"; "Do school counselors subvert young children?"; "corrupt the morals"
- 2. twist, twist around, pervert, convolute, sophisticate, denote, refer
- usage: practice sophistry; change the meaning of or be vague about in order to mislead or deceive; "Don't twist my words"
- 3. pervert, misuse, abuse, use, expend
- usage: change the inherent purpose or function of something; "Don't abuse the system"; "The director of the factory misused the funds intended for the health care of his workers"
All rights reserved.
See also: pervert (Dictionary)