WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. body, personify, embody, be, personify
- usage: invest with or as with a body; give body to
- 2. embody, be, personify, typify, symbolize, symbolise, stand for, represent
- usage: represent, as of a character on stage; "Derek Jacobi was Hamlet"
- 3. personify, personate, impute, ascribe, assign, attribute
- usage: attribute human qualities to something; "The Greeks personated their gods ridiculous"
All rights reserved.
See also: personify (Dictionary)