WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. persistent, relentless, unrelenting, continual (vs. sporadic)
- usage: never-ceasing; "the relentless beat of the drums"
- 2. haunting, persistent, unforgettable (vs. forgettable)
- usage: continually recurring to the mind; "haunting memories"; "the cathedral organ and the distant voices have a haunting beauty"- Claudia Cassidy
- 3. persistent (vs. caducous), lasting
- usage: retained; not shed; "persistent leaves remain attached past maturity"; "the persistent gills of fishes"
- 4. dogged, dour, persistent, pertinacious, tenacious, unyielding, stubborn (vs. docile), obstinate, unregenerate
- usage: stubbornly unyielding; "dogged persistence"; "dour determination"; "the most vocal and pertinacious of all the critics"; "a mind not gifted to discover truth but tenacious to hold it"- T.S.Eliot; "men tenacious of opinion"
All rights reserved.
See also: persistent (Dictionary)