WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. prevail, persist, die hard, run, endure, continue
- usage: continue to exist; "These stories die hard"; "The legend of Elvis endures"
- 2. persevere, persist, hang in, hang on, hold on, continue, uphold, carry on, bear on, preserve
- usage: be persistent, refuse to stop; "he persisted to call me every night"; "The child persisted and kept asking questions"
- 3. persist, remain, stay
- usage: stay behind; "The smell stayed in the room"; "The hostility remained long after they made up"
All rights reserved.
See also: persist (Dictionary)