Synonyms of perplexing
- 1. perplex, vex, stick, get, puzzle, mystify, baffle, beat, pose, bewilder, flummox, stupefy, nonplus, gravel, amaze, dumbfound, confuse, throw, fox, befuddle, fuddle, bedevil, confound, discombobulate
- usage: be a mystery or bewildering to; "This beats me!"; "Got me--I don't know the answer!"; "a vexing problem"; "This question really stuck me"
- 2. complicate, perplex, change, alter, modify
- usage: make more complicated; "There was a new development that complicated the matter"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. confusing, perplexing, puzzling, unclear (vs. clear)
- usage: lacking clarity of meaning; causing confusion or perplexity; "sent confusing signals to Iraq"; "perplexing to someone who knew nothing about it"; "a puzzling statement"
All rights reserved.