- 1. perplex, vex, stick, get, puzzle, mystify, baffle, beat, pose, bewilder, flummox, stupefy, nonplus, gravel, amaze, dumbfound, confuse, throw, fox, befuddle, fuddle, bedevil, confound, discombobulate
- usage: be a mystery or bewildering to; "This beats me!"; "Got me--I don't know the answer!"; "a vexing problem"; "This question really stuck me"
- 2. complicate, perplex, change, alter, modify
- usage: make more complicated; "There was a new development that complicated the matter"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. perplexed (vs. unperplexed), at a loss(predicate), nonplused, nonplussed, puzzled, baffled, befuddled, bemused, bewildered, confounded, confused, lost, mazed, mixed-up, at sea, metagrobolized, metagrobolised, metagrabolized, metagrabolised, mystified, questioning, quizzical, stuck, confused
- usage: full of difficulty or confusion or bewilderment; "perplexed language"; "perplexed state of the world"
All rights reserved.
See also: perplexed (Dictionary)