Synonyms of perpendicular
- 1. perpendicular, straight line
- usage: a straight line at right angles to another line
- 2. perpendicular, perpendicular style, English-Gothic, English-Gothic architecture, Gothic, Gothic architecture
- usage: a Gothic style in 14th and 15th century England; characterized by vertical lines and a four-centered (Tudor) arch and fan vaulting
- 3. plumb line, perpendicular, cord
- usage: a cord from which a metal weight is suspended pointing directly to the earth's center of gravity; used to determine the vertical from a given point
- 4. perpendicular, face
- usage: an extremely steep face
- 1. perpendicular (vs. oblique) (vs. parallel), normal, orthogonal, rectangular, right
- usage: intersecting at or forming right angles; "the axes are perpendicular to each other"
- 2. vertical (vs. inclined) (vs. horizontal), perpendicular, plumb, upended, upright, unsloped, steep, straight
- usage: at right angles to the plane of the horizon or a base line; "a vertical camera angle"; "the monument consists of two vertical pillars supporting a horizontal slab"; "measure the perpendicular height"
- 3. perpendicular, steep (vs. gradual)
- usage: extremely steep; "the great perpendicular face of the cliff"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of perpendicular (Dictionary)