WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. substitution, permutation, transposition, replacement, switch, variation, fluctuation
- usage: an event in which one thing is substituted for another; "the replacement of lost blood by a transfusion of donor blood"
- 2. permutation, mathematical process, mathematical operation, operation
- usage: the act of changing the arrangement of a given number of elements
- 3. permutation, transformation, translation
- usage: complete change in character or condition; "the permutations...taking place in the physical world"- Henry Miller
- 4. permutation, reordering
- usage: act of changing the lineal order of objects in a group
All rights reserved.
See also: permutation (Dictionary)