- 1. hazard, jeopardy, peril, risk, endangerment, danger
- usage: a source of danger; a possibility of incurring loss or misfortune; "drinking alcohol is a health hazard"
- 2. riskiness, peril, danger
- usage: a state of danger involving risk
- 3. risk, peril, danger, venture
- usage: a venture undertaken without regard to possible loss or injury; "he saw the rewards but not the risks of crime"; "there was a danger he would do the wrong thing"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. endanger, jeopardize, jeopardise, menace, threaten, imperil, peril, exist, be
- usage: pose a threat to; present a danger to; "The pollution is endangering the crops"
- 2. queer, expose, scupper, endanger, peril, affect, impact, bear upon, bear on, touch on, touch
- usage: put in a dangerous, disadvantageous, or difficult position
All rights reserved.
See also: peril (Dictionary)