- 1. perch, support
- usage: support consisting of a branch or rod that serves as a resting place (especially for a bird)
- 2. perch, rod, pole, linear unit, linear measure
- usage: a linear measure of 16.5 feet
- 3. perch, rod, pole, area unit, square measure
- usage: a square rod of land
- 4. perch, seat, place
- usage: an elevated place serving as a seat
- 5. perch, freshwater fish
- usage: any of numerous fishes of America and Europe
- 6. perch, percoid fish, percoid, percoidean
- usage: spiny-finned freshwater food and game fishes
- 7. perch, percoid fish, percoid, percoidean
- usage: any of numerous spiny-finned fishes of various families of the order Perciformes
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. perch, roost, rest, sit, sit down
- usage: sit, as on a branch; "The birds perched high in the tree"
- 2. alight, light, perch, land, set down
- usage: to come to rest, settle; "Misfortune lighted upon him"
- 3. perch, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: cause to perch or sit; "She perched her hat on her head"
All rights reserved.
See also: perch (Dictionary)