Synonyms of penny pinching
- 1. parsimony, parsimoniousness, thrift, penny-pinching, frugality, frugalness
- usage: extreme care in spending money; reluctance to spend money unnecessarily
- 1. penny-pinch, nickel-and-dime, spend, expend, drop
- usage: spend money frugally; spend as little as possible
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cheeseparing, close, near, penny-pinching, skinny, stingy (vs. generous), ungenerous
- usage: giving or spending with reluctance; "our cheeseparing administration"; "very close (or near) with his money"; "a penny-pinching miserly old man"
All rights reserved.