WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. penetration, incursion, attack, onslaught, onset, onrush
- usage: an attack that penetrates into enemy territory
- 2. penetration, insight, perception
- usage: clear or deep perception of a situation
- 3. penetration, entrance, entering, entry, ingress, incoming
- usage: the act of entering into or through something; "the penetration of upper management by women"
- 4. penetration, ability
- usage: the ability to make way into or through something; "the greater penetration of the new projectiles will result in greater injuries"
- 5. penetration, depth, deepness
- usage: the depth to which something penetrates (especially the depth reached by a projectile that hits a target)
- 6. penetration, sexual intercourse, intercourse, sex act, copulation, coitus, coition, sexual congress, congress, sexual relation, relation, carnal knowledge
- usage: the act (by a man) of inserting his penis into the vagina of a woman
All rights reserved.
See also: penetration (Dictionary)