- 1. pencil, writing implement
- usage: a thin cylindrical pointed writing implement; a rod of marking substance encased in wood
- 2. pencil, graphite, black lead, plumbago
- usage: graphite (or a similar substance) used in such a way as to be a medium of communication; "the words were scribbled in pencil"; "this artist's favorite medium is pencil"
- 3. pencil, figure
- usage: a figure formed by a set of straight lines or light rays meeting at a point
- 4. pencil, cosmetic
- usage: a cosmetic in a long thin stick; designed to be applied to a particular part of the face; "an eyebrow pencil"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pencil, draw
- usage: write, draw, or trace with a pencil; "he penciled a figure"
All rights reserved.
See also: pencil (Dictionary)