- 1. rain, pelting, sequence, chronological sequence, succession, successiveness, chronological succession
- usage: anything happening rapidly or in quick successive; "a rain of bullets"; "a pelting of insults"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pelt, bombard, throw
- usage: cast, hurl, or throw repeatedly with some missile; "They pelted each other with snowballs"
- 2. pepper, pelt, attack, assail
- usage: attack and bombard with or as if with missiles; "pelt the speaker with questions"
- 3. pour, pelt, stream, rain cats and dogs, rain buckets, rain, rain down
- usage: rain heavily; "Put on your rain coat-- it's pouring outside!"
All rights reserved.
See also: pelting (Dictionary)