- 1. peer, equal, match, compeer, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who is of equal standing with another in a group
- 2. peer, Lord, noble, nobleman
- usage: a nobleman (duke or marquis or earl or viscount or baron) who is a member of the British peerage
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. peer, look
- usage: look searchingly; "We peered into the back of the shop to see whether a salesman was around"
All rights reserved.
See also: peer (Dictionary)