- 1. batch, deal, flock, good deal, great deal, hatful, heap, lot, mass, mess, mickle, mint, mountain, muckle, passel, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite a little, raft, sight, slew, spate, stack, tidy sum, wad, large indefinite quantity, large indefinite amount
- usage: (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent; "a batch of letters"; "a deal of trouble"; "a lot of money"; "he made a mint on the stock market"; "see the rest of the winners in our huge passel of photos"; "it must have cost plenty"; "a slew of journalists"; "a wad of money"
- 2. peck, British capacity unit, Imperial capacity unit
- usage: a British imperial capacity measure (liquid or dry) equal to 2 gallons
- 3. peck, United States dry unit
- usage: a United States dry measure equal to 8 quarts or 537.605 cubic inches
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. peck, pick, beak, strike
- usage: hit lightly with a picking motion
- 2. peck, pick up, eat
- usage: eat by pecking at, like a bird
- 3. smack, peck, snog, kiss, buss, osculate
- usage: kiss lightly
- 4. pick at, peck at, peck, eat
- usage: eat like a bird; "The anorexic girl just picks at her food"
- 5. nag, peck, hen-peck, complain, kick, plain, sound off, quetch, kvetch
- usage: bother persistently with trivial complaints; "She nags her husband all day long"
All rights reserved.
See also: peck (Dictionary)