WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. peace, order
- usage: the state prevailing during the absence of war
- 2. peace, harmony, concord, concordance
- usage: harmonious relations; freedom from disputes; "the roommates lived in peace together"
- 3. peace, peacefulness, peace of mind, repose, serenity, heartsease, ataraxis, tranquillity, tranquility, quietness, quietude
- usage: the absence of mental stress or anxiety
- 4. peace, public security, security
- usage: the general security of public places; "he was arrested for disturbing the peace"
- 5. peace, peace treaty, pacification, treaty, pact, accord
- usage: a treaty to cease hostilities; "peace came on November 11th"
All rights reserved.
See also: peace (Dictionary)