- 1. spiel, patter, line of gab, channel, communication channel, line
- usage: plausible glib talk (especially useful to a salesperson)
- 2. patter, sound
- usage: a quick succession of light rapid sounds; "the patter of mice"; "the patter of tiny feet"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. sprinkle, spit, spatter, patter, pitter-patter, rain, rain down
- usage: rain gently; "It has only sprinkled, but the roads are slick"
- 2. patter, pitter-patter, sound, go
- usage: make light, rapid and repeated sounds; "gently pattering rain"
All rights reserved.
See also: patter (Dictionary)