- 1. patient, case, sick person, diseased person, sufferer
- usage: a person who requires medical care; "the number of emergency patients has grown rapidly"
- 2. affected role, patient role, patient, semantic role, participant role
- usage: the semantic role of an entity that is not the agent but is directly involved in or affected by the happening denoted by the verb in the clause
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. patient (vs. impatient), diligent, persevering, enduring, long-suffering, forbearing, longanimous, tolerant, patient of, unhurried, tolerant, uncomplaining
- usage: enduring trying circumstances with even temper or characterized by such endurance; "a patient smile"; "was patient with the children"; "an exact and patient scientist"; "please be patient"
All rights reserved.
See also: patient (Dictionary)