WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. paternity, state
- usage: the state of being a father; "tests were conducted to determine paternity"
- 2. fatherhood, paternity, kinship, family relationship, relationship
- usage: the kinship relation between an offspring and the father
- 3. authorship, paternity, initiation, founding, foundation, institution, origination, creation, innovation, introduction, instauration
- usage: the act of initiating a new idea or theory or writing; "the authorship of the theory is disputed"
All rights reserved.
See also: paternity (Dictionary)