- 1. spot, speckle, dapple, patch, fleck, maculation, marking
- usage: a small contrasting part of something; "a bald spot"; "a leopard's spots"; "a patch of clouds"; "patches of thin ice"; "a fleck of red"
- 2. plot, plot of land, plot of ground, patch, tract, piece of land, piece of ground, parcel of land, parcel
- usage: a small area of ground covered by specific vegetation; "a bean plot"; "a cabbage patch"; "a briar patch"
- 3. patch, piece of cloth, piece of material
- usage: a piece of cloth used as decoration or to mend or cover a hole
- 4. while, piece, spell, patch, time
- usage: a period of indeterminate length (usually short) marked by some action or condition; "he was here for a little while"; "I need to rest for a piece"; "a spell of good weather"; "a patch of bad weather"
- 5. patch, program, programme, computer program, computer programme
- usage: a short set of commands to correct a bug in a computer program
- 6. temporary hookup, patch, connection, connexion, connector, connecter, connective, lash-up, contrivance
- usage: a connection intended to be used for a limited time
- 7. mend, patch, darn, sewing, stitchery
- usage: sewing that repairs a worn or torn hole (especially in a garment); "her stockings had several mends"
- 8. eyepatch, patch, cloth covering
- usage: a protective cloth covering for an injured eye
- 9. bandage, patch, dressing, medical dressing
- usage: a piece of soft material that covers and protects an injured part of the body
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. patch, piece, join, conjoin
- usage: to join or unite the pieces of; "patch the skirt"
- 2. patch, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide with a patch; also used metaphorically; "The field was patched with snow"
- 3. patch, patch up, repair, mend, fix, bushel, doctor, furbish up, restore, touch on
- usage: mend by putting a patch on; "patch a hole"
- 4. piece, patch, repair, mend, fix, bushel, doctor, furbish up, restore, touch on
- usage: repair by adding pieces; "She pieced the china cup"
All rights reserved.
See also: patch (Dictionary)