- 1. pat, rap, tap, sound
- usage: the sound made by a gentle blow
- 2. tap, pat, dab, touch, touching
- usage: a light touch or stroke
- 1. chuck, pat, caress, fondle
- usage: pat or squeeze fondly or playfully, especially under the chin
- 2. dab, pat, strike
- usage: hit lightly; "pat him on the shoulder"
- 1. glib, pat, slick, plausible (vs. implausible)
- usage: having only superficial plausibility; "glib promises"; "a slick commercial"
- 2. pat, appropriate (vs. inappropriate)
- usage: exactly suited to the occasion; "a pat reply"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pat
- usage: completely or perfectly; "he has the lesson pat"; "had the system down pat"
All rights reserved.
See also: pat (Dictionary)