WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pass, passport, permission
- usage: any authorization to pass or go somewhere; "the pass to visit had a strict time limit"
- 2. passport, legal document, legal instrument, official document, instrument
- usage: a document issued by a country to a citizen allowing that person to travel abroad and re-enter the home country
- 3. recommendation, passport, characteristic
- usage: any quality or characteristic that gains a person a favorable reception or acceptance or admission; "her pleasant personality is already a recommendation"; "his wealth was not a passport into the exclusive circles of society"
All rights reserved.
See also: passport (Dictionary)