WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. passage, transition, change of state
- usage: the act of passing from one state or place to the next
- 2. passage, section, subdivision
- usage: a section of text; particularly a section of medium length
- 3. passage, way
- usage: a way through or along which someone or something may pass
- 4. enactment, passage, legislation, legislating, lawmaking
- usage: the passing of a law by a legislative body
- 5. passage, transit, journey, journeying
- usage: a journey usually by ship; "the outward passage took 10 days"
- 6. passage, musical passage, musical composition, opus, composition, piece, piece of music
- usage: a short section of a musical composition
- 7. passage, passageway, structure, anatomical structure, complex body part, bodily structure, body structure
- usage: a path or channel or duct through or along which something may pass; "the nasal passages"
- 8. passage, passing, reaction, response
- usage: a bodily reaction of changing from one place or stage to another; "the passage of air from the lungs"; "the passing of flatus"
- 9. passing, passage, movement, motion
- usage: the motion of one object relative to another; "stellar passings can perturb the orbits of comets"
- 10. passage, handing over, delivery, bringing
- usage: the act of passing something to another person
All rights reserved.
See also: passage (Dictionary)