Synonyms of pass over
- 1. Passover, Pesach, Pesah, Feast of the Unleavened Bread, movable feast, moveable feast
- usage: (Judaism) a Jewish festival (traditionally 8 days from Nissan 15) celebrating the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. jump, pass over, skip, skip over, neglect, pretermit, omit, drop, miss, leave out, overlook, overleap
- usage: bypass; "He skipped a row in the text and so the sentence was incomprehensible"
- 2. transit, pass through, move through, pass across, pass over, pass, go through, go across
- usage: make a passage or journey from one place to another; "The tourists moved through the town and bought up all the souvenirs;" "Some travelers pass through the desert"
- 3. traverse, track, cover, cross, pass over, get over, get across, cut through, cut across, pass, go through, go across
- usage: travel across or pass over; "The caravan covered almost 100 miles each day"
- 4. pass over, overfly, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: fly over; "The plane passed over Damascus"
- 5. wipe, pass over, rub
- usage: rub with a circular motion; "wipe the blackboard"; "He passed his hands over the soft cloth"
All rights reserved.