Synonyms of pass on
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pass, hand, reach, pass on, turn over, give, transfer
- usage: place into the hands or custody of; "hand me the spoon, please"; "Turn the files over to me, please"; "He turned over the prisoner to his lawyers"
- 2. impart, leave, give, pass on, tell
- usage: transmit (knowledge or skills); "give a secret to the Russians"; "leave your name and address here"; "impart a new skill to the students"
- 3. advance, progress, pass on, move on, march on, go on, travel, go, move, locomote
- usage: move forward, also in the metaphorical sense; "Time marches on"
- 4. pass on, bequeath, will, leave
- usage: give to or transfer possession of; "She passed the family jewels on to her daughter-in-law"
- 5. relegate, pass on, submit, submit, subject
- usage: refer to another person for decision or judgment; "She likes to relegate difficult questions to her colleagues"
- 6. circulate, pass around, pass on, distribute, move, displace
- usage: cause be distributed; "This letter is being circulated among the faculty"
- 7. communicate, pass on, pass, pass along, put across, convey, transmit, communicate
- usage: transmit information ; "Please communicate this message to all employees"; "pass along the good news"
All rights reserved.