WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pascal, Pa, pressure unit
- usage: a unit of pressure equal to one newton per square meter
- 2. Pascal, Blaise Pascal
- usage: French mathematician and philosopher and Jansenist; invented an adding machine; contributed (with Fermat) to the theory of probability (1623-1662)
- 3. Pascal, programming language, programing language
- usage: a programing language designed to teach programming through a top-down modular approach
All rights reserved.
See also: pascal (Dictionary)