WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. partridge, wildfowl
- usage: flesh of either quail or grouse
- 2. tinamou, partridge, game bird
- usage: heavy-bodied small-winged South American game bird resembling a gallinaceous bird but related to the ratite birds
- 3. partridge, phasianid
- usage: small Old World gallinaceous game birds
- 4. bobwhite, bobwhite quail, partridge, quail
- usage: a popular North American game bird; named for its call
- 5. ruffed grouse, partridge, Bonasa umbellus, grouse
- usage: valued as a game bird in eastern United States and Canada
All rights reserved.
See also: partridge (Dictionary)