- 1. partial derivative, partial, derived function, derivative, differential coefficient, differential, first derivative
- usage: the derivative of a function of two or more variables with respect to a single variable while the other variables are considered to be constant
- 2. overtone, partial, partial tone, harmonic
- usage: a harmonic with a frequency that is a multiple of the fundamental frequency
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. partial, incomplete (vs. complete), uncomplete
- usage: being or affecting only a part; not total; "a partial description of the suspect"; "partial collapse"; "a partial eclipse"; "a partial monopoly"; "partial immunity"
- 2. partial (vs. impartial), biased, colored, coloured, one-sided, slanted, unfair#1, unjust
- usage: showing favoritism
- 3. fond(predicate), partial(predicate), inclined(predicate) (vs. disinclined)
- usage: (followed by `of' or `to') having a strong preference or liking for; "fond of chocolate"; "partial to horror movies"
All rights reserved.
See also: partial (Dictionary)