- 1. separate, part, split, move
- usage: go one's own way; move apart; "The friends separated after the party"
- 2. separate, part, split up, split, break, break up
- usage: discontinue an association or relation; go different ways; "The business partners broke over a tax question"; "The couple separated after 25 years of marriage"; "My friend and I split up"
- 3. depart, part, start, start out, set forth, set off, set out, take off, leave, go forth, go away
- usage: leave; "The family took off for Florida"
- 4. separate, divide, part, change
- usage: come apart; "The two pieces that we had glued separated"
- 5. separate, disunite, divide, part, move, displace
- usage: force, take, or pull apart; "He separated the fighting children"; "Moses parted the Red Sea"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. parted, compound (vs. simple)
- usage: having a margin incised almost to the base so as to create distinct divisions or lobes
All rights reserved.
See also: parted (Dictionary)