- 1. park, parkland, tract, piece of land, piece of ground, parcel of land, parcel
- usage: a large area of land preserved in its natural state as public property; "there are laws that protect the wildlife in this park"
- 2. park, commons, common, green, tract, piece of land, piece of ground, parcel of land, parcel
- usage: a piece of open land for recreational use in an urban area; "they went for a walk in the park"
- 3. ballpark, park, stadium, bowl, arena, sports stadium
- usage: a facility in which ball games are played (especially baseball games); "take me out to the ballpark"
- 4. Park, Mungo Park
- usage: Scottish explorer in Africa (1771-1806)
- 5. parking lot, car park, park, parking area, lot
- usage: a lot where cars are parked
- 6. park, gear, gear mechanism
- usage: a gear position that acts as a parking brake; "the put the car in park and got out"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. park, put, set, place, pose, position, lay
- usage: place temporarily; "park the car in the yard"; "park the children with the in-laws"; "park your bag in this locker"
- 2. park, steer, maneuver, manoeuver, manoeuvre, direct, point, head, guide, channelize, channelise
- usage: maneuver a vehicle into a parking space; "Park the car in front of the library"; "Can you park right here?"
All rights reserved.
See also: park (Dictionary)