- 1. forgiveness, pardon, kindness, benignity
- usage: the act of excusing a mistake or offense
- 2. pardon, amnesty, warrant
- usage: a warrant granting release from punishment for an offense
- 3. amnesty, pardon, free pardon, clemency, mercifulness, mercy
- usage: the formal act of liberating someone
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. excuse, pardon, forgive
- usage: accept an excuse for; "Please excuse my dirty hands"
- 2. pardon, forgive
- usage: grant a pardon to; "Ford pardoned Nixon"; "The Thanksgiving turkey was pardoned by the President"
All rights reserved.
See also: pardon (Dictionary)