Synonyms of parched
- 1. parch, sear, dry, dry out
- usage: cause to wither or parch from exposure to heat; "The sun parched the earth"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. adust, baked, parched, scorched, sunbaked, dry (vs. wet)
- usage: dried out by heat or excessive exposure to sunlight; "a vast desert all adust"; "land lying baked in the heat"; "parched soil"; "the earth was scorched and bare"; "sunbaked salt flats"
- 2. parched, cooked (vs. raw)
- usage: toasted or roasted slightly; "parched corn was a staple of the Indian diet"
All rights reserved.