- 1. allotment, apportionment, apportioning, allocation, parceling, parcelling, assignation, distribution
- usage: the act of distributing by allotting or apportioning; distribution according to a plan; "the apportionment of seats in the House of Representatives is based on the relative population of each state"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. parcel, divide, split, split up, separate, dissever, carve up
- usage: divide into parts; "The developers parceled the land"
- 2. parcel, cover
- usage: cover with strips of canvas; "parcel rope"
- 3. parcel, wrap, wrap up
- usage: make into a wrapped container
All rights reserved.
See also: parceling (Dictionary)