WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. parameter, parametric quantity, constant, constant quantity, invariable
- usage: a constant in the equation of a curve that can be varied to yield a family of similar curves
- 2. parameter, factor
- usage: any factor that defines a system and determines (or limits) its performance
- 3. argument, parameter, address, computer address, reference, value
- usage: (computer science) a reference or value that is passed to a function, procedure, subroutine, command, or program
- 4. parameter, quantity
- usage: a quantity (such as the mean or variance) that characterizes a statistical population and that can be estimated by calculations from sample data
All rights reserved.
See also: parameter (Dictionary)