WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. paraffin, paraffin wax, wax
- usage: from crude petroleum; used for candles and for preservative or waterproof coatings
- 2. methane series, alkane series, alkane, paraffin series, paraffin, aliphatic compound
- usage: a series of non-aromatic saturated hydrocarbons with the general formula CnH(2n+2)
- 3. paraffin, paraffin oil, kerosene, kerosine, lamp oil, coal oil
- usage: (British usage) kerosine
All rights reserved.
See also: paraffin (Dictionary)