WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. parity, para, pregnancy, gestation, maternity
- usage: (obstetrics) the number of liveborn children a woman has delivered; "the parity of the mother must be considered"; "a bipara is a woman who has given birth to two children"
- 2. para, Yugoslavian monetary unit
- usage: 100 para equal 1 dinar in Yugoslavia
- 3. paratrooper, para, soldier
- usage: a soldier in the paratroops
- 4. Para, Para River
- usage: an estuary in northern Brazil into which the Tocantins River flows
- 5. Belem, Para, Feliz Lusitania, Santa Maria de Belem, St. Mary of Bethlehem
- usage: port city in northern Brazil in the Amazon delta; main port and commercial center for the Amazon River basin
All rights reserved.
See also: para (Dictionary)