- 1. paper, material, stuff
- usage: a material made of cellulose pulp derived mainly from wood or rags or certain grasses
- 2. composition, paper, report, theme, essay
- usage: an essay (especially one written as an assignment); "he got an A on his composition"
- 3. newspaper, paper, press, public press
- usage: a daily or weekly publication on folded sheets; contains news and articles and advertisements; "he read his newspaper at breakfast"
- 4. paper, medium
- usage: a medium for written communication; "the notion of an office running without paper is absurd"
- 5. paper, article
- usage: a scholarly article describing the results of observations or stating hypotheses; "he has written many scientific papers"
- 6. newspaper, paper, newspaper publisher, publisher, publishing house, publishing firm, publishing company
- usage: a business firm that publishes newspapers; "Murdoch owns many newspapers"
- 7. newspaper, paper, product, production
- usage: the physical object that is the product of a newspaper publisher; "when it began to rain he covered his head with a newspaper"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. paper, cover
- usage: cover with paper; "paper the box"
- 2. wallpaper, paper, cover
- usage: cover with wallpaper
All rights reserved.
See also: paper (Dictionary)