WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. jaguar, panther, Panthera onca, Felis onca, big cat, cat
- usage: a large spotted feline of tropical America similar to the leopard; in some classifications considered a member of the genus Felis
- 2. panther, leopard, Panthera pardus
- usage: a leopard in the black color phase
- 3. cougar, puma, catamount, mountain lion, painter, panther, Felis concolor, wildcat
- usage: large American feline resembling a lion
All rights reserved.
See also: panther (Dictionary)