- 1. pant, noise
- usage: the noise made by a short puff of steam (as from an engine)
- 2. trouser, pant, garment
- usage: (usually in the plural) a garment extending from the waist to the knee or ankle, covering each leg separately; "he had a sharp crease in his trousers"
- 3. gasp, pant, inhalation, inspiration, aspiration, intake, breathing in
- usage: a short labored intake of breath with the mouth open; "she gave a gasp and fainted"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. pant, puff, gasp, heave, blow
- usage: breathe noisily, as when one is exhausted; "The runners reached the finish line, panting heavily"
- 2. pant, utter, emit, let out, let loose
- usage: utter while panting, as if out of breath
All rights reserved.
See also: pant (Dictionary)