- 1. panel, sheet, flat solid
- usage: sheet that forms a distinct (usually flat and rectangular) section or component of something
- 2. jury, panel, committee, commission
- usage: a committee appointed to judge a competition
- 3. panel, venire, body
- usage: (law) a group of people summoned for jury service (from whom a jury will be chosen)
- 4. panel, body
- usage: a group of people gathered for a special purpose as to plan or discuss an issue or judge a contest etc
- 5. panel, pad
- usage: a soft pad placed under a saddle
- 6. gore, panel, piece of cloth, piece of material
- usage: a piece of cloth that is generally triangular or tapering; used in making garments or umbrellas or sails
- 7. dialog box, panel, window
- usage: (computer science) a small temporary window in a graphical user interface that appears in order to request information from the user; after the information has been provided the user dismisses the box with `okay' or `cancel'
- 8. control panel, instrument panel, control board, board, panel, electrical device
- usage: electrical device consisting of a flat insulated surface that contains switches and dials and meters for controlling other electrical devices; "he checked the instrument panel"; "suddenly the board lit up like a Christmas tree"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. panel, decorate, adorn, grace, ornament, embellish, beautify
- usage: decorate with panels; "panel the walls with wood"
- 2. empanel, impanel, panel, choose, take, select, pick out
- usage: select from a list; "empanel prospective jurors"
All rights reserved.
See also: panel (Dictionary)