WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. cerebral cortex, cerebral mantle, pallium, cortex, neural structure
- usage: the layer of unmyelinated neurons (the grey matter) forming the cortex of the cerebrum
- 2. mantle, pallium, epidermis, cuticle
- usage: (zoology) a protective layer of epidermis in mollusks or brachiopods that secretes a substance forming the shell
- 3. pallium, vestment
- usage: (Roman Catholic Church) vestment consisting of a band encircling the shoulders with two lappets hanging in front and back
- 4. pallium, cloak
- usage: cloak or mantle worn by men in ancient Rome
All rights reserved.
See also: pallium (Dictionary)