- 1. blandishment, cajolery, palaver, flattery
- usage: flattery intended to persuade
- 2. palaver, hot air, empty words, empty talk, rhetoric, nonsense, bunk, nonsensicality, meaninglessness, hokum
- usage: loud and confused and empty talk; "mere rhetoric"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. chatter, piffle, palaver, prate, tittle-tattle, twaddle, clack, maunder, prattle, blab, gibber, tattle, blabber, gabble, talk, speak, utter, mouth, verbalize, verbalise
- usage: speak (about unimportant matters) rapidly and incessantly
- 2. wheedle, cajole, palaver, blarney, coax, sweet-talk, inveigle, persuade
- usage: influence or urge by gentle urging, caressing, or flattering; "He palavered her into going along"
- 3. palaver, parley
- usage: have a lengthy discussion, usually between people of different backgrounds
All rights reserved.
See also: palaver (Dictionary)